Benefits of CLEAT Membership
CLEAT Legal Protection Plan that includes:
- no out of pocket expenses , co-pays or deductibles on any administrative investigation, regardless if the incident in question occurs ON or OFF duty, including extra jobs
- coverage for criminal investigations when you are acting in the capacity of your employment;
- representation on civil litigation when the employer refuses to represent you when required by law or if they do represent you, CLEAT attorneys will monitor the employer provided representation;
- no cost to members for attorneys who respond to critical incidents, including the use of deadly force or a in custody death
No Waiting Period for full legal services when other associations may require a 60 day waiting period.
- CLEAT affiliated local associations receive no-cost legal services for their association.
- CLEAT is the only statewide organization that offers a Temporary Income Protection Plan
The plan pays a member $100 per day, not to exceed five days in a calendar year, for those suspensions that members choose not to appeal.
CLEAT is the first statewide law enforcement association to offer the CLEAT mobile phone app. Critical incidents reported on the app enables legal representation to know where you are through GPS technology. Members can update their membership file and access CLEAT training opportunities.
CLEAT Legal Guarantee - CLEAT guarantees that an attorney will respond to a member's critical incident within 2 hours when reported on the 24 hour emergency phone number, 800-752- 5328 , or CLEAT will pay the member $1,000. And we guarantee immediate contact with attorney when involved in a critical incident. Your case will not have to be pre-cleared with anyone before you speak to the on call attorney. The member calling the critical incident emergency phone number, 800-752-5328 , will speak with an attorney after the call is initially answered or the member receives $1,000 .
Will Preparation and Probate Service - CLEAT provides family legal services that include a Will, Power of Attorney, Medical Power of Attorney, HIPAA Release, and Directive to Physician, for both member and spouse at no cost to the member and without a waiting period.Other associations may make you wait for two years before they will prepare this important legal document which is necessary to protect you and your family.
Use of a CLEAT attorney to probate a will prepared by CLEAT is also included in this benefit. Here's the link for a printable Will Information Worksheet . If you need the document mailed to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 512.495.9111
Free or reduced cost training opportunities!
- Members have access to free on-line training that is TCOLE approved through PoliceOne .com
- Other training available and posted on the CLEAT Training Schedule on the website, www.cleat.org .
Petition Preparation & Local Referendums - CLEAT has successfully assisted many local associations with taking issues before the voters, including Collective Bargaining, Civil Service, Meet & Confer, minimum staffing and salary elections. CLEAT will advise your association and members on the legal and political issues involved in local campaigns to improve pay, benefits and working conditions.
Contract Negotiations - CLEAT provides highly trained and successful negotiators to local associations during contract negotiations. CLEAT will advise the local association on strategy and provide research to support the bargaining process.
$15,000 AD&D Killed in the line of Duty Insurance Policy.
- CLEAT is the voice for Texas law enforcement in Austin; CLEAT is the most respected and effective lobbying presence at the State Capitol. CLEAT has drafted and passed more legislation affecting the lives of Texas officers than any other organization and a list of our legislative achievements since 1977 can be found on the CLEAT website .
- Through affiliation with the National Association of Police Organizations legislative issues are tackled before the U.S. Congress. NAPO also files briefs on cases before the U.S. Supreme Court concerning pro-law enforcement and tough on crime issues. NAPO offers a $500 Ford new vehicle discount to CLEAT members. This discount is after all other manufacturer/dealer incentives, rebates or discounts .
Member discount on lodging when staying at La Quinta or La Quinta Inns & Suites.
Use "CLEAT" in the Promo/Corporate Code box on the opening page of www.lq.com or when calling 1-800-SLEEPLQ.
California Casualty offers Texas public safety officers competitive rates & exclusive benefits on home and auto insurance.
- For a quote call 866-477-7423 or visit: www.calcas .com/cleat
Competitive Insurance Rates through Associated Insurance Managers who offer insurance on Auto, Renters, Home/Mobile Homes, Boats, Motorcycles, RV's, Life, health and Disability.
- For an insurance quote 1-888-452-5328 or visit www.ai mins.net
Retirement and financial planning by Alexander Financial Management. Unlike other financial advisors they will teach you the "how" and "why" of financial management every step of the way. To contact call 866-613-8799 or visit www.alexfm. com